Fashion DIY: Twinkling heels
Blown all your cash on a great dress? Here's how to get a glam heels for next to nothing.
12:0AM, Oct 9
Blown all your cash on a great dress? Here's how to get a glam heels for next to nothing..
You will need:
• Heels we used Rubi Shoes heels, $49.95.
• Spray paint we used Dy-Mark Enamel Paint, $10.95 in silver.
• An assortment of adhesive gems we used Kaiser rhinestones ($4 per pack from Spotlight).
• Masking tape
1. Cut small pieces of masking tape and cover any parts of the shoes you don't want covered in paint. We taped the buckles and the bottoms of the heels.
2. Place some newspaper inside the shoes to protect them.
3. Start spray painting the shoes from the highest point and work your way down (top tip: Hold the can at an angle approximately 20cm away from the shoes).
4. Leave the paint to dry for an hour, then once dry, add a touch-up coat of paint if necessary.
5. Leave overnight until the shoes are completely dry.
6. Now the bedazzling begins! Play around with your gems to see which look works best. We kept it simple by sticking stones to the soles of the shoes.
7. Pair your heels with a great dress and dance the night away!
RELATED: Fashion DIY: Love heart elbow patch
The elbow patch is suddenly cool again. So rustle up some elbow grease and get busy!
Related video: Make-up masterclass with Napoleon Perdis
Dolly HQ Blog
This is us right now. #dollymagloves
Tag the person you would say this to! Editor @lucyecousins is in Melbourne this weekend and she spotted this poster... Got any suggestions of places she should go?
Totes trying this today. 😂
The awesome @littlesea boys have a message for you! We're obsessed with their new single #ChangeForLove 😍
Nothing makes us smile more than a visit from @damiim with balloons and cupcakes! Her new single Smile is out now!! #MakeYouSmile
Reader regram! Love this pic from @mayorresruth101 - share your pics with us using #dollymag 📷
'Cos foxes need perf selfies too 📷🐺
Behind the scenes from our shoot today. DOLLY's @rikki_hodge_smith and @jessmoses are having A LOT of fun with some readers. Keep an eye out for their stories in an upcoming issue.