Fashion DIY: Twinkling heels
Blown all your cash on a great dress? Here's how to get a glam heels for next to nothing.
12:0AM, Oct 9
Blown all your cash on a great dress? Here's how to get a glam heels for next to nothing..
You will need:
• Heels we used Rubi Shoes heels, $49.95.
• Spray paint we used Dy-Mark Enamel Paint, $10.95 in silver.
• An assortment of adhesive gems we used Kaiser rhinestones ($4 per pack from Spotlight).
• Masking tape
1. Cut small pieces of masking tape and cover any parts of the shoes you don't want covered in paint. We taped the buckles and the bottoms of the heels.
2. Place some newspaper inside the shoes to protect them.
3. Start spray painting the shoes from the highest point and work your way down (top tip: Hold the can at an angle approximately 20cm away from the shoes).
4. Leave the paint to dry for an hour, then once dry, add a touch-up coat of paint if necessary.
5. Leave overnight until the shoes are completely dry.
6. Now the bedazzling begins! Play around with your gems to see which look works best. We kept it simple by sticking stones to the soles of the shoes.
7. Pair your heels with a great dress and dance the night away!
RELATED: Fashion DIY: Love heart elbow patch
The elbow patch is suddenly cool again. So rustle up some elbow grease and get busy!
Related video: Make-up masterclass with Napoleon Perdis
Dolly HQ Blog
Beauty editor Meg and team DOLLY are proud to support @ocrf's #10hours campaign. Every ten hours, one Australian woman dies from ovarian cancer. That's one too many. You can join the fight by sharing this message, and donating at www.ocrf.com.au/donate, to help raise vital funds for research.
The phone companies are trolling us 😢
We've pretty much spent the whole weekend listening to 1D's awesome new song! Our boys are back 🙌🏼 Are you guys loving #DragMeDown? 🎶
Always dreamed of being a famous beauty vlogger? Well, now is YOUR chance! DOLLY is looking for the next big YouTube star and the winner will receive this amazing prize: 6 months' representation from @maxconnectors (who look after Australia's top beauty bloggers) + 6 months' worth of products from Australian make-up giants @modelco_cosmetics + a semi-professional camera from @sony AND you'll be the official DOLLY Vlogger of 2015. You'll be able to post your videos DOLLY's YouTube channel and on dolly.com.au, plus you'll also have the chance to vlog and blog for @modelco_cosmetics. How do you enter? Pick up our current issue and find out. We can't wait to meet you! #DOLLYbeautyvlogger
We'll never leave you, Netflix 💓
Shout out to our phones for always being there for us 😘📱
Now THIS is how you make Saturday night plans with the squad 👯👯👯
Have you seen our DIY room decorating in the latest Dolly? We love this pic of it by @myindieroom - what other DIY do you want to see in the mag?
We love this pic by @ailcaos! 🙌🏼 Are you reading the latest DOLLY this weekend? Show us by tagging #dollymag 💕