Fashion Fridays with Jess P
12:00PM, Feb 8 2013
Hi guys and welcome to Fashion Fridays with Jess P (aka ME!!!). If your one true love is fashion then this is the blog for you.
Each Friday I'll take you on a small journey through my week, showing you the ins and outs of my experiences in the world of fashion. I'll also be answering reader questions so be sure to send me any of your own fashion dilemmas! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, just put "Fashion Fridays" in the subject line...
Hello girls, hope your week has been amazing and being back at school hasn’t been too hard.
This week for me has been all about trying new things. Since moving out of home recently, I‘ve rediscovered a few great necklaces I’d totally forgotten I had so I decided to set myself a challenge to rock them all at once. It’s harder than I thoughts so I’ve come up with a few key rules to help you guys out when you decide to play with layering your own jewellery.
1. Always wear odd numbers. (My favourite is always three!)
2. Mix and match the thickness of the chains.
3. Mix it up when it comes to the lengths have some short and some long!
4. Forget the matching rules I say go silver AND gold all the way!
5. Colour, colour, colour. Don’t be afraid to go a little crazy when it comes to the colour spectrum.
6. Mix quirky with classics.
7. Always start with the statement necklace before layering in your smaller pieces.
8. Mixing too many fine chains together may cause them to tangle, so be careful when you’re putting them on.
9. Always consider the neckline of your top or dress. A higher neckline always works better when it comes to layering necklaces.
10. Avoid statement earrings that’s OTT bling!
11. And remember that it’s all about trial and error. So give it a go and before you know it you’ll be a total pro!
Today’s layering assemble
Currently on my wish list
Hope these tips help just don’t be afraid to go a little crazy with it! Also, don’t forget to email me any of your fashion questions: email@example.com with FashionFridays in the subject line.
Till next week
Jess P x