Blown all your cash on a great dress? Here's how to get a glam heels for next to nothing..
You will need:
• Heels — we used Rubi Shoes heels, $49.95.
• Spray paint — we used Dy-Mark Enamel Paint, $10.95 in silver.
• An assortment of adhesive gems — we used Kaiser rhinestones ($4 per pack from Spotlight).
• Masking tape
- Cut small pieces of masking tape and cover any parts of the shoes you don't want covered in paint. We taped the buckles and the bottoms of the heels.
- Place some newspaper inside the shoes to protect them.
- Start spray painting the shoes from the highest point and work your way down (top tip: Hold the can at an angle approximately 20cm away from the shoes).
- Leave the paint to dry for an hour, then once dry, add a touch-up coat of paint if necessary.
- Leave overnight until the shoes are completely dry.
- Now the bedazzling begins! Play around with your gems to see which look works best. We kept it simple by sticking stones to the soles of the shoes.
- Pair your heels with a great dress and dance the night away!